Welcome to the WalkBoston Press Room. Recent press releases in reverse chronological order are shown below. Members of the press are invited to review our WalkBoston press kit and to register for our E-newsletter to receive the latest news from WalkBoston. For additional information about WalkBoston, please contact Wendy Landman, Executive Director, at 617.367.9255. To see our press coverage see In the News.
WalkBoston makes walking safer and easier in Massachusetts to encourage
better health, a cleaner environment and vibrant communities.
WHAT WE DO
• Our education and advocacy programs give voice to people to make their
communities more walkable.
• Working with government agencies, we influence state and local transportation
policies and designs.
• We develop and implement innovative programs that address social and
physical barriers to walking.
• Our work especially benefits those who depend on walking the most: people
with lower incomes, seniors, children, and people with disabilities.
WHY WE DO IT
• Walking is a crucial form of transportation
• Walking is good for your health
• Walking builds stronger communities
• Walking should be safe and easy to do
Annual Celebration Media Advisory (3/14/13)
Bob Sloane named as White House Champion of Change (7/31/12)
Annual Walk & Celebration 2012 (3/5/2012)
Walkers' Choice 2011 (11/17/2011)
Walkers' Choice 2010 (9/17/2010)
Keep the Greenway Walkable! (10/05)
WalkBoston hosts first-ever walk through Rose Kennedy Greenway (3/05)
Walk to the DNC (7/04)